Tuesday 21 May 2013

Emerging Writers' Festival

I've been living in Melbourne since the start of the year and I have to say that it has been a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I've made new friends here and discovered a wonderful city. I've spent many a Saturday rummaging through bookshops in Fitzroy and I've listened to some fine music, mostly at the Corner Hotel. But, as anybody who has read my fiction will know, I'm a Brisbane boy at heart and the time has come for me to head back north. So, if you'd like to catch up with me before I bid farewell to Batman's city, just let me know. The Emerging Writers' Festival is about to kick off and I'll be at various events over the next week or so. In particular, I'm hoping to meet some fellow interstate writers for some serious drinking at Thousand Pound Bend this Friday evening. I'll be attending Emerging Q&A at The Edge on Monday and I'll be at the atmospheric Abbotsford Convent to mingle and group-write - doesn't that sound sexy? - the weekend of June the 1st and 2nd.

I'd love to meet you... don't be shy!

Image: Wikipedia

No comments: