Saturday 4 October 2014

A Celebration of Books, Maleny

Maleny is a quiet rural town nestled in the Sunshine Coast hinterland about a hundred kilometres north of Brisbane. It is known to Queenslanders for dairy farming and cheese making, as well as for its local arts and crafts scene. The town has long been popular with eco-friendly weekenders and hikers heading to the Glasshouse Mountains or to Kondalilla National Park near Montville.

I have been to Maleny several times over the years, but this is the first time I'll be going to the annual "Celebration of Books" which takes place over three days from Friday the 24th to Sunday the 26th of October. I'll be there on Saturday.

I'm particularly looking forward to spending some time under the shady branches of the Book Swap Tree, which is in Cooke Park, Maple St - near the Maleny town clock. Bring a book you have read and enjoyed, browse through the books others have read and enjoyed, and swap it with another quality book. I'll be bringing several second-hand paperbacks along and will even have a copy or two of my own collection on me.
You'll also be able to meet some of Maleny's writers at the Community Centre from nine o'clock to midday on the Saturday.

For more information about the celebration, visit the website at: http://www.celebrationofbooksmaleny.com/

If you are coming along and would like to catch up with me, don't be shy, just send me a message at ctrost (at) hotmail.com or via Facebook.


    Image from the Celebration of Books website.

No comments: