Thursday 6 September 2012

The Helping Hand of Horror, Part 1

Taking part in charity fundraising is one of my aims as a writer. The idea that my tales can make a difference not only by entertaining and inspiring my readers but also by helping good causes is one that motivates me. I played a role in the creation of the flood relief anthology "100 Stories for Queensland" and I have a new short story being released in another charity anthology next month - stay tuned for more details on that one.

The cause I want to help this month is that of youth literacy in Australia. The Biggest Book Fair is an initiative of the Australian Literacy and Numeracy Foundation and its aim is to raise literacy and numeracy standards, especially in remote and marginalised communities. The fair will be held on Thursday the 20th of September. You can find more information at http://www.biggestbookfair.com.au/.

From Saturday the 15th to Saturday the 22nd, I will donate all royalties from my book sales to this cause. If you have been meaning to grab a copy of my short story collection, then this is the time to do it! By reading, you can help others learn to read.

       


No comments: